I like the framework. I think you would be the best choice for Executor of this whole thing.
 
Back 40:
I've thought about the back 40 with all the brush and "forest" grown up back there. Instead of bulldozing it down, the lumber back there could be harvested and used. There's a lot of hegde back there and hickory, good quality wood. My buddies and I were planning on cutting down some hedge this fall and winter and making some money from that. One of them has 200 acres, and we could also get some hedge off the back 40, and if Dad wants to get some for his rail fence, he can. Also, there's a neat tool called an Alaskan Chain Saw Mill, which can turn logs into beams. Costs around $300.
 
That lumber can be used for fence posts as well. The fence around the farm is in poor condition. A new fence is needed. So if we have any desire for cattle or any livestock, we would need to invest in a new perimeter fence (horse high, bull strong, and hog tight). This was one of my plans, to start repairing the fence, and making it hog proof so that I could purchase more hogs and letting them feed on walnuts and roots, instead of feeding them crack corn. This would be a relief once completed. The days of chasing cows cross country would be a thing of the past, instead of a constant worry. That would cost a lot of money all in itself. But if we can use strictly wood posts, and re-use the old bobbed wire, that could cut the cost significantly, tho it would not be hog proof. I would have to save up money to purchase hogwire to put in later on.
 
A tractor is also a needed tool on the Farm. Old Farmalls cost around $2500 - $5000, unlike the new ones that can cost up to $500,000. They are old tractors, but they get the job done. We could save up and purchase a nice, restored Farmall M in perfect condition. Those are big and powerful tractors. They would suit the purpose of anything we need on that size land. We could use it for hay rides, mowing, plowing, harvesting hay, getting the truck or any vehicle out of a perdicament, and taking it down the Arts and Crafts Parade.
 
A Lodge would be an awesome idea. I was drawing up designs for it today. I remember you mentioned to me that you wanted to build it ontop of the ravine, above the Pecan Grove, and the hill that the lodge would be built on would be leveled, with a retaining wall around it. Since we know that the future is not going to get any better, we could build that lodge strategically. It could be used as a fortification. The retaining wall could have a dual purpose; keep in the dirt and provide a defence. At the entrance could be a good sturdy gate. The lodge itself could act as a "castle", sort of like a mote and bailey. If the retaining wall is only 3' high, sandbags could be stacked on top of it to raise the wall. The ravine is pretty steep, so who ever would try to storm it would have a fight alone just getting up the hill. And if the retaining wall followed the road leading up to the lodge, that would create a bottle neck for whoever is trying to get in by the entrance. The wall would surround the entire lodge. Just an idea.
 
A barn would be a good investment. We could store all the equipment in there, with everything to it's proper place; tractor, hay bailer, 4 wheelers, fishing poles, life jackets, fishing boat, tools, hay, purhaps a place for livestock (horses maybe), and whatever else. A timber barn would be awesome. Not quite sure where to build it. My previous plan was to build one where the Old Barn used to stand, tear it down, sure up the foundation, and build on that. But if there's a more strategic location then lets find one. I had also thought on building a hay barn on the back 40 once all the trees were cleared. It would be strictly used for hay. This would make hauling the hay from the field an easy job, instead of traveling all the way up to the front 40, then back. If we wanted to transfer hay from this barn to the all-purpose barn, then we could.
 
I've been looking and prayer to get a job. Once I start getting a steady income, I will be able to donate to a family trust. I talked to the financial aid at church and he said for me to call him this week. From what I hear, UPS is hiring. Reed and I will be applying at Sub-way tomorrow, and I went back to Wendy's to see if they were still looking to hire. They said yes. So I'll try again to apply there. I'm eager to assist in the development of the Farm.
 
I cant think of anything else right now. Maybe with more discussion things will start coming to me. Hope to hear what you all think about these ideas.

~Riley